The superficial symbol for the fertility of the autumn has a double ground: One should get to somebody ‘the chestnuts from the fire’ – do something disagreeable for others – or undertake a risk in the interest more different.
- with the green and stachligen bowl: you must gain of all and pains with effort, – (real chestnuts are an old dear medium)
- lift: one will find means to make himself indispensable of the lovers,
- without stachlige bowl: mostly announce luck in the love,
- peeled ones: others will provide for you,
- eat: one needs himself around his future not to worries.
- are valid as a passing grief which changes, however, soon into luck and joy, – symbol to make itself to the lover indispensable – pure sexual longing dream,
- see: meant profit or a good business, – also: one puts a business in the sand, however, may hope for a lifelong loyal companion,
- wild ones see: one exerts himself for a useless thing,
- lift: one is imaginative enough to make himself to him or the lovers indispensable,
- roasted ones shop or sell: if brings luck,
- eat: Luck, – one will have opportunity to a great success,
- the young women who eat chestnuts or carry them as a talisman with themselves a nice lover and relative prosperity stand in the house.