A dream about a river represents the course of life, directions taken, and energy. The river symbolizes peace, fertility, joy, and pleasure. Momentary difficulties will be transient. Success is knocking at your door, and peace will henceforth flow like a river.
To see a river
The sight of a river in a dream is a prediction of prosperity. You will have a lot of success in your professional life, and as a result, a more peaceful life. A period of stability and comfort lies ahead of you.
Rushing river (turbulent river).
If in your dream the waters of the river are moving fast it means that you are about to make a journey or undergo a great transformation.
Troubled waters also symbolize difficulties and problems. Seek comfort and help from your family and friends. The more turbulent the river, the more emotional there will be in your relationships with the people around you.
If the water is crystal clear and flows fast or cascades, the dream means excellent health.
If the waters of the river are calm it means that your life is going on without problems and surprises. A dream about a calm river also means that your life will be intense and full of happy moments. New prospects and greater gains will come.
A clean and calm river seen in a dream is a harbinger of peace at home and at work, and if you are experiencing any problems or difficulties now in waking life, they will soon be positively resolved and your life will improve. The dream also suggests a clear conscience and good intentions.
Swimming in a clean river foretells success.
Dirty river (turbid river, garbage in the river).
A turbid river is a sign of disagreements at work.
The meaning of a dream about a dirty river and garbage floating on its surface can reveal negative energies. You are likely to encounter financial problems. The dream may indicate a struggle and effort to overcome the problem. This will cause irritation and you will be restless for some time.
A dream about a dirty river is a sign that you will find yourself in a situation that may be uncomfortable. You will encounter misunderstandings and unpleasant situations with someone close to you. Dreambook assures that this is a temporary situation and that you will overcome all problems.
Another dream meaning indicates that you are feeling very tired, which may result in additional problems. Act with caution and analyze everything very calmly, because a dirty river means the presence of false friends.
The meaning the dream about a contaminated river can be synonymous with depression, or that you feel very tired, perhaps due to health problems. Dreambook advises you to take care of your mental and physical health and visit a doctor.
Muddy river (river of mud).
You hide your passion or anger. The dream warns against strong emotions or problems. If you are already in quite a difficult situation, the mud river represents a lack of vision, resources, or hope to find an immediate solution. Don’t despair, because there is always a way out. Think about it calmly, and seek help from others.
The meaning of the dream symbolizes financial difficulties. Avoid incurring debts and purchases, the installments of which will be long-term, as well as unnecessary spending.
The dream also signifies a lack of emotion or a sense of failure in life. Work on yourself. You see the world in dark colors, and it is colorful after all.
Swollen river (high water level, river flooding).
This dream indicates that you are ready to face the challenges that arise in life. It can also symbolize embarrassment, as you may feel uncomfortable asking for help.
The meaning of the dream about a flooding river may indicate that your problem affects people around you. You need time to overcome problems, however, do not burden others with them.
A dream about a frozen river reflects your lack of interest in life, although the world suggests many possibilities to you.
Bathing in an icy river in a dream reflects “frozen interests”, and you need to focus on your own opportunities in life. This dream is often associated with a sense of isolation. Open yourself up to others.
A walk by the river
Dreambook states that you have chosen the right path and should follow it without fear because you will achieve the desired success. Execute your plan consistently.
To cross a river
If you are crossing a river in your dream, you will have some kind of problem or obstacle that you have to face in order to achieve a certain goal. If you dream that you are crossing a river and succeed in crossing it, it means that you will overcome challenges and succeed.
Another dream meaning indicates that you are going through a new stage of your life.
Bridge over a river
The meaning of the dream represents how you deal with difficulties.
Bridges symbolize transitions. It means that you will be able to overcome all obstacles in life. However, if crossing a bridge causes you problems, the dream signals that your problems in waking life are difficult to solve and will take some time and effort.
To jump into a river
Jumping into a river means that you are acting anxiously and hastily when faced with important situations, and they require calm. You need to be more composed and think before making decisions.
To fall into a river
If you fall into a river in your dream it is a sign that discussions and problems will arise in your family. You must proceed with caution so as not to alienate or offend your loved ones.
To bathe in a river
Bathing in clean water indicates good physical health, but if the water is dirty, the dream foretells health problems.
Dreambook explains that your soul is cleansing and you are trying to make amends for the mistakes you have made. Don’t worry so much about what other people think of you.
To swim in a river (swim against the current).
If you don’t move and submit to the current of water the dream indicates that the victory of your projects will depend only on your own efforts. Remain confident, but do not underestimate your opponents or competitors.
If the current is pulling you in different directions the dream indicates that there are problems in your love life that need to be solved. If you are trying to swim against the current the dream means that you are facing adversity. It can also mean that you are kidnapping yourself to do something almost impossible to do, and it depends on the effort you put in and whether you achieve it.
Dreambook also reveals that there may be negative emotions and energies. You may feel a little lost, but if you cross the river safely, the obstacles will be overcome. The situation may be difficult, but you can overcome it if you have patience.
To dive in the river
You may receive a pay raise or go on a long-awaited journey. If diving is caused by curiosity about what you will find in the depths it means you are looking for the truth and the essence of things.
To drown in a river
If in a dream you are drowning Dreambook predicts that you will be successful in court cases. If you see someone else drowning it means that you should take more care of your finances. If someone is rescued from drowning, you will soon receive help or reconcile with those offended.
To drink water from a river
Dreambook indicates that you have many longings and desires, and the dream is a harbinger of happiness and money. So take action and your desires will come true.
The dream that you drink water from the river is also a symbol of inner peace.
Fish in a river
If fish swim in the river you see in your dream, it is a sign of great health and happiness. If you are fishing for them, you may suddenly become rich, but if you are just watching them, it is a sign of great joy.
Dream meaning: river
- To see a river – a peaceful life ahead of you
- Rushing river (turbulent river) – you will embark on a journey
- Calm river – your life will be full of happy moments
- Clean river – there will be peace and harmony in your home
- Dirty river (turbid river, garbage in the river) – beware of disagreements at work
- Contaminated river – take care of your mental health
- Muddy river (river of mud) – you hide anger
- Dry river – avoid incurring debt and unnecessary expenses
- Swollen river (high water level, river flooding) – your problem affects people around you
- Frozen river – open yourself to others
- A walk by the river – carry out your plan
- To cross a river – you will have to overcome an obstacle
- Bridge over the river – you will overcome a problem, find a way out of a difficult situation
- To jump into the river – you need to be more composed
- To fall into a river – proceed with caution
- To bathe in a river – don’t worry about what others think of you
- To swim in a river (swim against the current) – the victory of your projects will depend on your efforts
- To dive in a river – you are looking for the truth
- To drown in a river – you will be successful in court cases
- To drink water from a river – take action and your desires will come true
- Fish in a river – enjoy your health
Mystic Dreambook – river
In general, this symbol may foretell that you will encounter some obstacle on your way, which you will have to overcome, but you will lose a lot of time.
- When you see clear water in the river, it is a sign that in waking life someone has good intentions towards you or you have some good intentions.
- When you see rough, turbid water in the river, it means that you want to harm someone in some way.
- If you hear a loud sound of the river in your dream, it foretells that someone will soon throw insults at you.
- When you see fish in the river, it heralds for you an unexpected improvement in your financial situation.
- If you see someone on the riverbank, it means that something will hinder your pursuit of your goal.
- When you dream that you fell into a river, it heralds some misfortune for you.
- If you swim across a river, it is a sign that you will defeat your formidable opponent in some area.
- If you bathe in a river, it heralds a prosperous life for you.
- If you swim against the current in a river, it means that in waking life you do not like to conform to the existing rules and often rebel against them just to manifest your independence.
- If you are navigating a river, it heralds problems for you, that you will face completely unexpectedly.
- If you see a waterfall on the river, it foreshadows bankruptcy or loss of reputation for someone in your family.
- A polluted river appearing in your dream foretells that you will quarrel with relatives in the near future.
- A dried-up river foretells that you will have intractable health problems.
- When you see animals drinking water from the river, it means that in waking life you have great stamina and mental resilience, so that no adversities are terrible for you.
- When you dream that the current of the river has snatched some of your property, it augurs some kind of loss for you.
- If you are snatched by the current of a river and thrown into the sea, it heralds misfortune for you.
- When you dream that you are standing in a river among the waves and cannot get out, it foretells that you will not be able to face adversity and will suffer misfortune.
- If you are swimming in a river in your dream, it foretells a threat to your life.