The monkey appears very often as a dream symbol. He stands for the uncivilised, materialist oriented, animal-primitive person without spiritual interests, – he can contain the request to develop and to mature. It is the shade of our Ichs, the caricature of itself. The monkey has in our widths nothing more of that animal in Indian dream interpretations in himself in which he was valid as holy, but often calls our desires and passions in the sense as he appears to us in the vision that to us is made by the unconscious clear. Sometimes he also points to the fear, our people could estimate us worse than we are actual, or make fun of us. In the Middle Ages the monkey was often equated with the devil because he embodied the animal which was valid in the Middle Ages as sinful. In the antiquity against it the monkey belonged to the death God Thoth and was revered with this. In this epoch the monkey as a reminder was valid for the fact that the person, although he differs by his mind from the animal, is physically still as mortal. To be able to interpret a dream in which a monkey seems, one must pay attention to the action of the monkey. The action can refer to sexual problems: If, e.g., the monkey appears as a sexual symbol, this can mean that an erotic connection lacks emotional depth. Tells to be bitten by a monkey that flatterers could try to dupe us. Little monkey gambled away swings agilely from branch to branch, the dreaming longs (mostly unconsciously) for the carelessness of his childhood. This is a frequent dream of people, after own statement ‘too early had arisen’ had to go.) However, the dream symbol of the monkey can simply also mean that the dreaming has a too strong slope ‘to ape’ others, to copy so. If the monkey changes in the dream, so, for example, a human face agrees, this is a very positive sign: The dreaming realises his Animalität.
The dog monkey means a guy who knows all tricks, and a bateleur eagle. The baboon means the same like the dog monkey, however, prophesies, moreover, illness, mostly the so-called holy, – then he is holy to Selene, and the old people say that this illness is also holy of Selene.
- Dreaming one, he fights with his monkey, he will see in the house devious, spiteful, but unconscious enemy, and the victory will also close in the reality to that who wins in the dream, – he kills the monkey, he will chase away the aforesaid from his house.
- Being the monkey to him strange, his enemy will creep by cunning and malice more different with him.
- Dreaming somebody, an aggressive monkey bites or injures him with his claws, he will be tormented by a villain badly and fall ill hard.
- are bitten by a monkey without foreboding meant with young people love, with older illness.
- simian meat to eat brings illness and plague.
- Finding somebody a simian fur, the modest property of an evil and a little prosperous person in himself.
- Dreaming one, a monkey caresses him, speaks to with him or waves him, an enemy will wake only the light to be a friend to him, but badly act in him.
- gets as a gift somebody an old person and brings he him in his house, he will take up an underhand, unknown person with himself.
- letting one a monkey before the people dance, he will force his enemy in the knees and do his play with him.
- quite in general, and everything what happens to the animal adverse or good, comes true in the dreaming.
- see one: if means an embarrassing meeting, – also: Fear of own bad qualities, – also: somebody competes with you, – see yourselves before
- several see: Flatterers will deceive you, – or cheat, – warning before wrong friends,
- see run or climbing: Stupidities of all kind commit or experience,
- see climb and playing: you deal with stupid people,
- with us or he cuts grimaces: one is surrounded by unserious people, or faces to his own follies,
- see dancing: Cheerfulness and cheerfulness expect you,
- tease: you have hurt somebody without knowing it,
- lausen see: if luck brings in the lotto,
- see doing gymnastics: Obstacles approach, – if these are overcome, it is getting better,
- see eating: you stand in danger to lose your darling, – keeps open the eyes,
- beat to death: you will destroy a stubborn opponent,
he will bring
the monkey a spiteful, but unconscious enemy means
- This symbol warns about a wrong friend whom one has entrusted too much. It is a matter, of being very careful, of finding out the wrong friend and of avoiding of being above all also in future more carefully in the choice of the friends and in his statements. One should better pay attention to his contact. (Woman
- see: Flatterers try to cheat you, – one gives them undeserved faith,
- or tailors he grimaces: one should observe his own ‘animal arrangements’,
- several monkeys or plays with them, one will soon probably have to experience how one is disappointed by flattering wrong friends,
- one see run or climbing: one will commit stupidities of all kind or experience,
- climbing monkeys promise a success above all in a love relationship,
- pursue: meant nuisance,
- see dancing one: Widerwärtigkeiten,
- see several dancing: Cheerfulness and cheerfulness expect to one,
- tease: one has hurt somebody without knowing it,
- are bitten by them: make themselves ridiculous,
- a monkey, one will carry off probably in a quarrel the victory if one remains attentive enough, – one will destroy a stubborn opponent,
- dead: Retreat of your worst enemy,
- a (young) woman dreams of one: They should marry fast, because your fiancée to them subordinates infidelity,
- (has young) woman feeds in the dream one: They go for a flatterer on the glue.
a monkey with us plays
- on the tree see: Do not believe the flatterers!
- playing ones: you seem to do in spite of your age still rash things,
- with them play: it has the appearance that you will soon have the friend to the enemy,
- kill: you can arise if you keep open the eyes still as a winner from your quarrel,
- are scratched: your soul suffers, masters your feelings.