The island is in the dream the place of the wishes and imagination which mostly lacks the relation to the reality. Another interpretation allows the fact that the island lies in isolation in the sea, the area of the unconscious. If a person dreams of an island, this can also be a symbol for her isolation and contact poverty, or the vision stands for isolated complexes. It is signs of the loneliness I in a restless time. The island in the blustering sea of the most different environmental factors is at the same time also a vanishing point on which one should withdraw to collect new forces for the struggle of existence, to charge so his batteries again. If an island plays in a dream an important role, she can remind the dreaming of it or remind him to look after herself. If the island is lonesome or a treasure island, this refers to the fact that the dreaming can achieve certain aims only alone. Hence, he must investigate himself in the loneliness and seclusion himself to attain self-knowledge, so unaware psychic contents consciously close. Still the following accompanying circumstances importantly for the interpretation are further:
- There to run aground refusal or loss of the self-esteem can symbolise.
- Only on an island be the need for rest and discharge of the everyday stress expresses.
- The island indicates desolately a change in the life which makes, however, the other life unsafe.
- laid waste island can warn about financial ruin.
- dreams of a lonesome island can register that the love comes to one, – above all if it is adorned by two palms.
At this level the island in the dream symbolises a spiritual retreat.
A shipowner dreamt, he is on the islands of the sea leagues (place of the promise, paradise) and is held on there by the heroes, then come Agamemnon (The leaders of the Greeks during the Trojan war, king of Mycenae.) and releases him. The man was pressed to compulsive achievements for the state and, however, was held on by the imperial administrative officials, later when he had reached to the emperor, he got free of the corvée. (In Greek angareia, altpers. ‘Postal service and transport service’. Inscriptions of the imperial time show how hard this corvée pressed on the population.)
- visit: you want to be alone and find rest,
- lonesome ones: you have annoyed your friends,
- one bores, see or are on it: you will be left by all friends,
- green and fertile ones: search your luck in the distance,
- leave: you are ready for new actions,
- to dreams you of an island, so an interesting innovation will take place. Though first she seems dubious, however, adapts itself as so more profitable out, the more you get involved in it. Now they should be courageous and strong and go on working on your plans. The sign also provides that you long for independence and independence. (Woman
- fear of the environment, – mental escape ideas,
- see: promises big treasures, – points to loneliness and grief, – also: if well-being and carelessness prophesies, after the fulfilment of obligations has cost many efforts,
- of person on an island in important circles,
- on one be: one will receive an employment,
- are on a nice unoccupied one: if a happy-go-lucky announces, – however, lonesome age, – one searches rest and loneliness,
- are on an island in a clear stream: if pleasant trips and happy enterprises promise, – for a woman means this one happy marriage.
- a bald island: forecasts the loss of luck and money by ungovernability,
- leave: one will lose a friend, – one will go an unsafe way.
fights for a higher position promise
- on her land: you will find an imperfect luck,
- only on it be: your friends will leave you,
- are on it: your poverty will pass again,
- greens see: your luck is close,
- laid waste: you will lose your property.
- dreams meanings island
- island dream meaning
- island dream symbolism